News» Go to news main
Engineering Month ‑ Alex Place
Name: Alex Place
Current employer: Flagship Construction
Position: Construction Superintendent
Why did you choose engineering: A general interest in building design and construction along with a desire for problem solving.
Favourite part of your career: Reaching completion on the East Hants Aquatic Centre project. It was difficult, but in the end it was a fulfilling project.
Biggest challenge: Learning the means, methods and code requirements for various trades.
What advice would you give to a student considering a career in engineering: Take the leap, many doors will open. The AC is a great place to start!
- First Aid training on campus ‑ upcoming dates
- Residence Office closed September 28
- Open House Volunteers
- International Vaccinium Symposium
- Hossain Farid Prize for Graduate Studies in Animal Genetics or Physiology
- Enabling Interdisciplinary Food Research
- New Faces on Campus
- Horticulture Legend