News» Go to news main
Faculty of Agriculture statement on use of palm fats in dairy animal feed
The Faculty of Agriculture acknowledges the controversy surrounding the use of palm fats in dairy animal feed and wishes to make the following statement.
All animal feeds used on dairy farms, including the working farm on the Dalhousie Agricultural Campus, are approved by the Canadian Food Inspection Agency and are safe for humans and our animals.
Dairy farmers work every day to produce milk according to some of the most rigorous standards and are committed to continuing to exceed consumers’ expectations.
The Faculty of Agriculture fully supports our regional and national dairy industry. We greatly value our relationship with the Canadian dairy industry and our mutual aspiration to advance teaching, training, research, and innovation for the industry.
As a Faculty of Dalhousie University, we fully embrace the principles of academic freedom as essential to the search for, and communication of knowledge. The Faculty of Agriculture is currently pursuing new initiatives to further research regarding this issue from a rigorous scholarly and scientific basis.
- Passing of Jim Goit
- In the Media: Dr. Vasantha Rupasinghe
- Job Posting ‑ Devonian Coast Wineries
- Faculty of Agriculture Seminar Series
- CASE IH providing students with the latest in equipment technology
- Dal Innovates Ready2Launch
- Science Atlantic Nutrition & Food Conference (virtual) ‑ 2021
- Educational Technology and Design ‑ Getting Help/Support