News» Go to news main
Stimulating Workshop on Design and Use of Multiple Choice Questions
On Wednesday February 21st a group of ten dedicated instructional staff met in a half day workshop facilitated by Nancy Pitts (Educational Change Facilitator) and Linda Jack (Educational Technology & Design).
Nancy framed the aspects of designing multiple choice questions, with a focus on both the theory of design, as well as incorporating the authentic experiences and challenges experienced by participants.
After a coffee break supported by the Dean’s Office, Linda led the group in a demonstration and explanation of Best Practices in using the Brightspace Quiz tool. Each participant, using an ET&D laptop, had the opportunity to practice their understanding of the strengths and nuances of offering Multiple Choice-based quizzes. There was a mixture of theory, shared experiences and some laughs that all supported the learning in this Instructional Professional Development session.
- Male athlete of the Year – Adrian Bent #DalGrad
- A shared passion for agriculture
- Appindale Acres
- Faculty Awards Celebrated
- First Aid training on Campus ‑ upcoming date
- Regret Nothing – dairy farmer to wine maker
- Upcoming Workplace Wellness activities (June)
- Dal‑AC undergraduate student wins the Science Atlantic Award