Undergraduate programs

Animal Science

BSc (Agriculture)

The Animal Science major at Dalhousie's Faculty of Agriculture will teach you the scientific and business fundamentals of modern animal production systems. 


BSc (Agriculture)

Major in Aquaculture at the Dalhousie Faculty of Agriculture for a combinations of classroom, laboratory, project and field work.

Bioveterinary Science


Bioveterinary Science can prepare you for a career in veterinary medicine – and much more. From further study in animal science or medicine to rewarding careers in animal care, food safety or business, this program takes you where you want to go.

Pre-Veterinary Medicine

Preparatory Studies

This two-year course of study will prepare you to apply to a Doctor of Veterinary Medicine program.

Diploma and technical programs

Veterinary Technology

Technology Diploma

In two years, our Veterinary Technology program will prepare you to work as a technical assistant to practicing veterinarians, researchers and other persons who deal with animals, especially in the context of medicine or science.

Diploma in Technology Business Management

The two-year Diploma in Technology Business Management allows you to specialize in one of five areas: pet, dairy farming, equine, agriculture or greenhouse and nursery. You’ll earn a well-rounded business education with a focus on the specialty you choose so you’ll have mobility and flexibility in your career.
For more information contact the program coordinator Gillian Fraser:

Graduate programs

Master of Science

MSc (Agriculture)

Will you concentrate your graduate studies and research in one of the disciplines offered under Animal Science or Aquaculture? Or will you pursue inter-departmental research? Learn more about your graduate studies options within the Faculty of Agriculture.

Certificate Programs Available

Certificates are a way of recognizing students who have achieved a level of proficiency or specialization in a particular area or subject. The following undergraduate certificates are normally awarded upon graduation and are recorded on the student’s academic transcript.