Study at the Faculty of Agriculture in Truro
Top 5 reasons to study Bioveterinary Science at Dalhousie:
- One of a kind: Dal's Bioveterinary Science program is the only named program of its kind in Canada.
- Training you can touch: Your education includes hands-on, practical experience with animals, from sheep to shellfish.
- Vet-ready: Students have completed all of the required courses to apply to veterinary medicine programs after two years of Bioveterinary Science.
- Academic options: Your degree prepares you for graduate study in animal science, aquaculture, biological sciences, veterinary and human medicine and more.
- Choose a career: Graduates are trained for success in fields like animal nutrition, food safety, conservation, animal welfare, veterinary research and pharmaceuticals.
What will I learn?
With core science courses like Biology, Chemistry and Genetics and specialized courses like Animal Physiology, Microbiology, Comparative Vertebrate Anatomy and Veterinary Immunology, you'll develop a solid science foundation and targeted expertise.
What can I do?
Bioveterinary Science can prepare you for a career in veterinary medicine – and much more. From further study in animal science or medicine to rewarding careers in animal care, food safety or business, this program takes you where you want to go.