Study at the Faculty of Agriculture in Truro
Located one hour from Halifax in Truro, NS, Dalhousie's Agricultural Campus is a great place to study, work and live.
Top 5 reasons to study Animal Science at Dalhousie:
- Hands-on: Students supplement classroom and lab learning by working with actual animals.
- Specialized: Focus your studies on dairy cattle, sheep, poultry or mink.
- Top-notch facilities: The campus farm includes the Canadian Centre for Fur Animal Research, Atlantic Poultry Research Centre and Ruminant Animal Centre (including dairy cattle and sheep facilities).
- Research hub: Dalhousie's Faculty of Agriculture hosts organizations like the Canadian Centre for Fur Animal Research and the Organic Agriculture Centre of Canada.
- A science-business blend: Animal Science students graduate with knowledge about animal physiology and behaviour, as well as an understanding of the business of animal care.
What will I learn?
Learn about animal biology and behaviour, production of animal products like meat and dairy and how animals are used in fields like genetics and environmental sustainability.
Our graduates succeed in a variety of professions in and outside of agriculture. A major in Animal Science can prepare you for everything from a career in food inspection to medical school.