Study at the Faculty of Agriculture in Truro
Located one hour from Halifax in Truro, NS, Dalhousie's Agricultural Campus is a great place to study, work and live.
Top 5 reasons to study Pre-Veterinary Medicine at Dalhousie:
- Prepare for success: Take the courses you'll need to apply to a Doctor of Veterinary Medicine (DVM) program.
- Get hands-on: Help care for animals like dairy cattle, sheep, poultry and mink. Our Faculty of Agriculture in Truro is the only one in the region that allows you to work with animals in your first year.
- Network with veterinarians: By participating in events and trips through our Pre-Vet Club, you'll improve your knowledge, build a network of contacts and enhance your application to vet school.
- Enjoy small class sizes: Learn in an environment that offers plenty of one-on-one interaction. Our advisors will also help you apply to a DVM program with mock interview and resume assistance.
- Earn a degree in just two more years: With two years of education completed, you may opt to finish your Bachelor of Science (Agriculture) in just two more years and choose from a variety of majors like Animal Science or Aquaculture.
What will I learn?
You’ll learn about the region’s animal industries and attend seminars on animal health and the medical field. You’ll also get the opportunity to care for several breeds of animals in a hands-on environment at the campus farm.
What can I do?
Our Pre-Vet studies prepare you to further your education in a Doctor of Veterinary Medicine program. You may also choose to continue your studies and earn a Bachelor of Science (Agriculture) from Dalhousie.