Mail Services is responsible for the sorting and delivery of inter-departmental and incoming Canada Post mail. It is also responsible for the processing of departmental mail items destined for Canada Post delivery.
Regular deliveries and pick-ups are being made on campus to buildings that are physically accessible. Those departments with irregular hours who would prefer not to have mail delivered to their location must contact the Mail Room (firstname.lastname@example.org / 902-494-3476) to make arrangements to visit the central Mail Room to collect/drop-off mail items during hours of operation as posted below.
Please be reminded that courier receipt and/or delivery are not services offered by campus Mail Services or Security Services and their addresses are not to be used when making courier and/or other delivery arrangements. Information on recommended courier services can be found on the Procurement "Supply Agreements" sharepoint page.
Warehouse, 1st Floor
1459 Oxford Street
Tel (902) 494-3476
Hours of operation
7:00 a.m. - 12:00 noon
1:00 p.m. - 3:30 p.m.
Guidelines for Canada Post delivery
- Separate Canadian, US, and international destinations
- Place your three digit departmental code in the upper left corner - if you don't know your code, call us at (902) 494-3476
- Don't wait until you have a really large order - smaller orders are easier to process
- Some mail requires a specialty form - we have forms in the mail office.
- Use standard envelopes when possible - take advantage of the lowest rates
- Do not include items such as bottle caps, coins, food items, glass, jewellery, keys, liquids, obscene materials, pencils, pens, certain types of seeds, powdered material, anything fragile and perishable, or anything that could harm people who process the mail, or those who receive it.
- Do not staple the outside of an envelope.