Who can submit a FAMIS request?

Each department or faculty has an office administrator who has been given a FAMIS username and password.  If you do not have access to FAMIS, please see your office administrator to submit your request. 

Submit a FAMIS service request

All services provided by Facilities Management can be coordinated by submitting a  service request through a self-serve program called FAMIS.

Contact if you should have access to FAMIS but do not.

For client assistance or facility and equipment maintenance or service, contact Client Reception

By email to 

or by phone

  • Halifax campuses: (902) 494-3345
  • Agriculture campus: (902) 893-4630

8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
Monday to Friday

During after hours and weekends, call Security Services

  • Halifax campuses: (902) 494-6400
  • Agricultural campus: (902) 893-4190


Urgent matters include:

  • Door problems
  • Electrical problems, including lamps
  • Elevator breakdowns
  • Leaks
  • Plumbing problems
  • Problems in Accessible Washrooms
  • Refrigeration equipment problems
  • Room temperature outside acceptable range
  • Ventilation problems


Other requests

Alterations & Renovations (A & R)

The Alterations & Renovations budget is intended to fund alterations or renovations where there is a change in programming or function of a space.

Special emphasis will be placed on projects that will assist the university in meeting its planning priorities and fall within the following categories:

  • Accessibility
  • Functional changes or efficiency improvement to space
  • Environmental health and safety
  • Information technology
  • Teaching
  • Student experience


Capital Construction & Major Alterations

The purpose of a new capital project and major renovation is to support the goals of the university through fostering academic innovation, enriching student experience, strengthening enrolment, supporting research excellence, developing outstanding human resources, sustaining campus renewal, ensuring financial stability, and engaging our community.

Proposals for new capital construction, either stand-alone buildings or additions to existing buildings or major alterations of existing space, can be submitted using the Request for Consideration form below. Please ensure that information is complete and required signatures are included. 

To apply

  1. Complete a Capital Construction request form [PDF - 201 kB]