Who's Who in Residence
When you look around your residence, you’ll see many faces – both student and staff. We’d like to introduce your residence team and talk a little about their roles within your community.
Residence Life Managers (RLMs)
- Full-time professional staff who live in residence and develop educational, social, and personal growth programs.
- Train and supervise community team members.
- Advise and counsel students.
Community Assistant Team (CAT)
- Student leaders who live in residence.
- Dedicated to relationship/community building, programming, and student engagement.
Community Safety Team (CST)
- Responsible for ensuring community safety and enforcement of the Residence Community Living Guide.
Assistant Directors, Facilities Operations
- Full-time staff who are responsible for the year-round operation of residence buildings.
- Oversee Front Desk, Commissionaires and Custodial staff.
- Priority is to maintain a comfortable and safe living environment while ensuring regular maintenance and timely repairs in the building.
- Full and part-time staff who are available to students 24-hours-a-day at Howe, Risley, Shirreff, LeMarchant, and Gerard halls.
- The first point of contact for residence visitors.
- Sort mail, serve as a message centre for residents, take maintenance requests and answer questions from both residents and guests.
Dining hall and food services staff
- Aramark, Dalhousie’s Food Services partner, prepares a wide variety of quality food options on an “all-you-care-to-eat” basis.
- Full-time dietitian available to meet with students.
- Open door policy for students – drop by their office anytime.
Custodial and maintenance services (utility services personnel)
- Full-time staff help maintain the cleanliness of the building.
- If you have a question or concern regarding custodial service, please contact your Facilities Manager.
- Monitor the maintenance request forms you submit and ensure repair jobs are addressed promptly.
- Full- and part-time staff who handle administrative functions from offices at 6230 Coburg Road (traditional/non-traditional residences).
- Process applications and room assignments for all buildings and handle all residence deposits.
- Manage holiday stays, exam extensions, early arrivals and room transfers. How to request a room transfer [PDF - 486 KB].