(updated Oct. 1, 2020)
The DalCard office is open now for walk up window service on the Halifax campus and will remain open until further notice. Once window service closes, we will be available by appointment only. Check back for updates. Only the main office in Howe Hall is open for Fall 2020. Please keep checking our website for the latest information. The office hours are as follows:
Monday through Friday, 9 a.m.-4:30 p.m.
The services provided at the window will include:
- New DalCards
- DalCard replacements (To expedite the replacement process, please ensure you have $15 deposited on your account for the replacement fee prior to visiting the window.)
- DalCard troubleshooting
- UPass pickup
NOTE: We will not be offering photo services, PIN resets, or fund deposits at the window.
The Enrolment Services Centres on Sexton Campus and the Agricultural Campus will remain remote at this time. If you require DalCard assistance and you are on the Sexton campus, please see the DalCard office on the Studley Campus.
Special Arrangements for the disbursement of non-residence DalCards on the Dalhousie Agricultural Campus for Fall 2020:
Since the Enrolment Services Centre will remain remote for Fall 2020, DalCards will be distributed by the MacRae library.
Residence Students Cards (New and Replacements)
- Students who live in residence should have received their DalCard as part of the move in process, Sept. 3-5, 2020.
- Replacement cards for students who live in residence should be requested through firstname.lastname@example.org and we will coordinate the delivery of the card with the AC Residence office.
New and Replacement Cards (Non-Residence)
- If you are not a residence student, send all new and replacement card requests to email@example.com.
- We will print them on the Truro campus for pickup at the MacRae library. The Library team will verify the photo.
- The Dalcard team will notify you that your card is ready for pick up at the MacRae library.
- Make an appointment with the MacRae library to pick up your card: call (902) 893-6669 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
DalCard online account information:
If you are studying remotely, you may access your DalCard account information online. You will log in with your netID and password and you will be able to see your account information, including your NovaNet barcode so that you may access library services remotely.
COVID-19 Service Status Updates:
For the latest information on services that accept DalCard, visit our COVID-19 Service Status Updates page.
SELF-ISOLATION AND COVID-19 TESTING IDENTIFICATION REQUIREMENTS
Students arriving for self-isolation will receive information from Nova Scotia Health on appointments for their mandatory COVID-19 testing. In these instructions, you may be asked to bring your Student ID with you to the testing appointment.
If you are a new student and do not have a DalCard, or a returning student who requires a replacement card, other permissible means of identification include passports, student permits, and student numbers. You may not pick up your DalCard while you are completing your 14-day self isolation period.
Update on U-Pass Program
Dalhousie is pleased to partner with Halifax Transit to once again offer the UPass program to our full-time students for the 2020/21 academic year.
As is the case each year, the UPass program automatically applies the bus pass fee to the student accounts for all full-time Halifax students.
Upasses are available for pickup at the DalCard service windows, Monday to Friday, 9 a.m.-4:30 p.m.
NOTE: The Opt Out period for UPass has now closed. If you have questions or concerns, email email@example.com.