Online Photo Submission
Submit your DalCard photo online!
Are you a new student? If so, visit our Online Photo Submission service and upload your photo. The photo will be used on your DalCard (your official university ID), online accounts, and more!
Due to COVID-19, this service is currently the only way we are accepting photos at this time.
Taking a DalCard photo is as easy as a quick selfie -- just make sure you follow these guidelines:
- Full colour in normal tones -- no black & white, sepia or filters
- Facing the camera with a neutral expression or a smile
- Plain, light-coloured, neutral background
- No accessories (hats, sunglasses, sweatbands, etc.)
- You must be the only person in the frame -- no group shots or pets
- Leave space above your head, below your chin, and on both sides of your face
Tip: Your visa or passport photo should fit all of these requirements
New for 2020/21!
Upload your Government Issued Photo ID with your photo. See our terms & conditions for details.
Picking up your DalCard
An email will be sent to your Dalhousie email address with specific instructions about where to pick up your DalCard. You will be required to book an appointment to pick up your card once it is ready.
Please note that this service is not available for returning students. If you are a returning student who requires a new DalCard, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Note: If you are studying by distance education or remote learning, and will not be on or around campus this Fall, you will be able to access your DalCard account information online. Once you return to campus, you may pick up your DalCard.