Wayne Paquet Indispensable Service Award
Wayne Paquet, recently retired, embodies the notion of indispensable service through his decades-long career as Registrar at NSAC and Director, Enrolment Services and Strategic Initiatives with Dalhousie. He was a member of countless external committees and boards (e.g. ARUCC) in the field and was quiet in his transformation contributions to our field of practice.
Focus: This award recognizes employees of the Registrar’s Office who have positively influenced life at Dalhousie from behind the scenes with a positive attitude, a willingness to help in whatever capacity necessary, and a demonstrated commitment to service excellence in alignment with the priorities of the institution as outlined in the strategic plan.
Rationale: While the work of the Registrar’s Office is foundational and high impact, much of it happens behind the scenes. This service award proposes a meaningful way through which to recognize all forms of outstanding service in the Registrar’s Office that may be difficult to convey in the context of other awards.
Eligibility: This award is open to current Registrar's Office staff members.
- The individual must have demonstrated a commitment to service excellence and process improvement, with strong examples.
- The individual must be a full- or part-time employee in the Registrar’s Office.
Number of Awards: Awarded annually in the fall, only one award will be delivered each year. Individuals may only receive this award once.
- Provost and Vice President, Academic
- Dean, Faculty of Agriculture and Campus Principal
- Associate Vice President, Academic
- Human Resources Representative
- Student Representative
Nominations: The Registrar’s Office and the University community are invited to submit nominations, in writing. Submissions must include:
- A nomination letter, with highlighting why they believe the nominee is a strong candidate for the award and with clear and concise examples of how the nominee has provided outstanding service to Dalhousie.
- Up to two additional letters of support.
Submission: Please email your complete nomination package to email@example.com.
Award Recognition: Recipients of the Wayne Paquet Indispensable Service Award will be recognized at the Registrar's Office annual Reggie Awards ceremony and the university-wide Legacy Awards event. They will also have their name added to the award plaque located in the Registrar's Office in the Henry Hicks Building.