International Payments ‑ Online
International payments may be sent through Convera for Students. The preferred, fast and reliable service allows you to pay in your local currency using a range of local online payment options or bank transfer.
NOTE: Money transferred to a student’s account are not to exceed the annual charges associated with tuition and ancillary fees. Funding for off-campus and personal expenses is to be sent directly to the student. Overpayment on a student's account will be held on the account for up to one academic year for future fees.
• You make payment in the currency of your choice. This amount is then converted to Canadian dollars.
• The exchange rate quote is locked in for your payment for 72 hours after the quote is obtained.
• The exchange rate is very competitive when compared to your financial institution’s retail rates, and bank service fees may be reduced since the wire transfer that you initiate is a local transfer.
• There are NO transaction charges from Convera or Dalhousie University, though you may be charged a transaction fee by your bank.
• Efficient and timely posting: Please include your reference information to ensure your payment reaches your Dalhousie University student account quickly, typically five to seven business days after your bank initiates payment.
•Track your payment status by text and email
•Get price and payment options upfront with a price comparison tool
Review Step By Step Instructions
Step 1: Select Items You Wish to Pay
Navigate to the Convera for Students and select the country the payment will be made from then select the items you wish to pay for
Step 2: Select Payment Option
Select the payment option you wish to use
Step 3: Student Verification
Enter student details
Step 4: Enter Payor Details
Enter the details of the person making the payment and select the language you would like to receive the payment instructions in
Step 5: Obtain Payment Instructions
Obtain your payment instructions and complete your payment online, at your bank or as indicated on instructions.
If you are unable to make a payment using Convera, email email@example.com or call 1.877.218.8829 for further assistance. Please indicate what currency you are trying to pay in, or where you are trying to pay from, and what the precise issue is.