Dalhousie in the Community
As a member of the Nova Scotian community for nearly two centuries, we recognize the importance of listening to, and collaborating with, the community around us. We are dedicated to working with our neighbours to identify and address matters of mutual interest.
We engage with and support our local community through the following initiatives:
- Dalhousie's annual Community Report is released every spring, and highlights the work of students, staff, faculty, and researchers from the past year, and their impacts on our local and global community.
- Community Updates are distributed door-to-door and in electronic format to inform our neighbours of news and upcoming campus events, future construction and renovation projects, and more. If you would like to receive our Updates by email, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- An annual community calendar is produced and distributed each fall to communicate important dates and information. If you do not live around the campus but would like to receive the calendar, please contact email@example.com. (Please note, there will be no Halifax calendar available in Fall 2020.)
- Partnerships and collaboration with important community partners, including the YMCA, Halifax Public Libraries, Immigrant Services Association of Nova Scotia, the United Way, and more.
- In September the Halifax Regional Police launch “Operation Fallback,” a dedicated police program in the south end of Halifax that helps respond to noise complaints in the neighbourhood.
Our commitment to community engagement extends beyond Halifax to our Agricultural Campus, located just outside of Truro, Nova Scotia.
We form community partnerships and connect with our neighbours through initiatives such as our annual Open House and Friends of the Garden association, Community Day which welcomes thousands of visitors to the campus every July, as well as individual volunteering and mentoring efforts by faculty, staff and students. Learn more about the role the Agriculture Campus plays in the Truro community.
For questions or information about Community Engagement at Dalhousie, please contact Erica Gagnon, Community Engagement Manager, at 902-494-2786 or firstname.lastname@example.org