If you are looking to enhance your management and leadership skills in a police specific area, the Dalhousie Certificate in Police Leadership is for you.
The program is run by distance with students participating from across Canada and internationally. Courses are offered online with one having a workshop component.
Certificates and concentrations
Police Leadership Certificate (with concentrations in):
- Law and Justice
- Service Delivery
- Supervisory Skills
- Local Government
- Advanced Police Leadership Certificate
Each of our courses stand on their own. You should feel free to sign up for the course that interests you even if you do not want to commit to the entire certificate program.
- Budgeting and Financial Management for Police Services
- Communication Skills for Police Personnel
- Ethics for Police Leaders
- Legal Issues in Policing
- Police Leadership and Management Development
- Policing and the Law of Human Rights
- Policing the Modern Community
- Strategic HR Management for Police Organizations
- Strategic Policing
Benefits of the program
- Provides police personnel with the skills they need to lead in their organizations and in their communities.
- Provides modern police and security organizations with flexible and relevant leadership and management education.
- Prepares police and security agencies to best serve their respective constituencies.
- Develops professionals capable of leading organizational change to meet future demands.
- Develops LEADERS capable of determining their own future.
- Delivers programs in accordance with the best adult education principles and methods available.
Who should participate
- Personnel currently working in law enforcement
- Municipal police
- Provincial police
- National police
- State police
- Sworn and civilian employees
The Police Leadership Program has indeed been the best investment in my police career… As a result of my educational journey with you, every time I communicate properly, respectfully and intently, manage efficiently, budget responsibly, police strategically, deliver police service effectively, and exercise leadership, it will be, in big part, because of you."
Sgt. Alain Gingras, RCMP, Immigration and Passport Section, Ottawa