Sustainable Food Systems
Increasing food security
From climate change to increasing hunger to biodiversity loss, food systems are at the center of challenges we face today.
Dalhousie researchers are employing cutting edge methods, like precision agriculture and artificial intelligence to gain a deep understanding of the mechanisms that drive growth and sustainability and to create potential solutions for food challenges on the local and global levels.
Our work in food security includes policy and governance concerns, examining how rules and policies can affect our ability to advance towards more productive, sustainable and equitable food systems.
- Sustainable Agriculture Production Systems
- Sustainable Fisheries and Aquaculture
- Food Safety & Nutritional Quality
- Food Policy, Access & Distribution
- Food and Farming Technology
- Social Dimensions of Food System Sustainability
Research centers and institutes