Research & Innovation News
- Dal instructor’s field trip discovery of rare fossil a surreal moment for teacher and students alike
- President's Corner ‑ July 23, 2021
- Should I get the COVID‑19 vaccine while pregnant or breastfeeding? Experts explain safety and clinical trials
- Gliders added to fleet of tools to monitor and protect endangered North Atlantic right whales
- Study mapping lobster genome could hold keys to strengthening species
- Speaker series aims to strengthen culture of belonging in STEM fields
- Four new University Research Professors recognized for distinction in scholarship
- Meet Dal’s 2021‑22 winners of the Vanier Scholarship, Canada’s most prestigious award for PhD researchers
- Shark Week offers a chance to learn more about what lies beneath
- Equity and access need to be at the forefront of innovation in human genome editing
Aboriginal and Indigenous Research
A look at Aboriginal research at Dal: Given Dalhousie’s location in the heart of Mi’kmaq territory, it’s perhaps not surprising to find a number of research projects taking place with Aboriginal and Indigenous communities. What might be surprising, though, are their variety — and the degree to which they span various communities. Read the full story.
The Conversation Canada
Dalhousie University is proud to have signed on as a founding partner of The Conversation Canada, a new-to-Canada media outlet providing independent, high-quality explanatory journalism.
This is the sixth affiliate of The Conversation, a global network. The format includes relevant and informed articles, which are written by researchers and academics in their areas of expertise and edited by experienced journalists
Interested in becoming an author?
Communications Advisor, Office of the Vice President Research and Innovation
Tel: (902) 494-4148
Cell: (902) 222-2817