Today@Dal» Go to news main
Make your passwords unique and strong
We know that creating a complex and unique password for all your accounts is a big task, but it is much easier than recovering from a hack or data exposure.
Overwhelmed by the number and complexity of passwords your memory must keep up with? You can sign up for LastPass, a password manager that securely stores your logins and personal information in a secure vault. Once you set up your account, LastPass prompts you to save logins and stores those usernames and passwords in your vault. When you return to that website, LastPass recognizes that you have a login stored for that URL, and then automatically fills the login fields with your information.
All Dalhousie staff, faculty and students are entitled to a free LastPass Personal Premium account.
How to get LastPass
Your personal LastPass account is one that you create using a personal email address. This is the LastPass vault, where you put all your personal accounts, passwords, credit card information, and more.
Enter your Dalhousie email account.
Choose an email account you want to tie your LastPass account to and enter it in the second line.
You will receive an email on your Dalhousie account with instructions on the following steps to request your LastPass Personal Premium account.
- Upcoming closures in the Registrar's Office
- MacRae Library student research poster competition
- Parking closure and LSC maintenance work March 1–4
- Information Without Borders Conference
- In memoriam: Dr. Derek Jones
- 2023 T4 and T4A forms are now available on Dal Online
- Listen now: New episode of “What Do Scientists Do?"
- Seeking volunteers for inpatient study