Today@Dal» Go to news main
Teaching Assistant posting: Department of Business and Social Sciences (Agriculture)
POSTING DATE: November 28, 2022
APPLICATION DEADLINE: December 7, 2022
POSITION: TA 65 – Winter 2023 – January to April 2023
MGTA 1004 – Introduction to Business
DEPARTMENT/LOCATION: Business and Social Sciences, Agricultural Campus (Truro)
PAY RATE: 65 hours as per CUPE Collective Agreement
Duties include but are not limited to:
1) Preparation: Review course materials and student’s questions
2) In-class: Assist with the Praxar business simulation
3) Office duties: Review students work, be available for student consultations. Assistance with Business Case and Praxar.
3) Marking, invigilating, and proctoring as needed throughout course.
REQUIREMENTS OF POSITION: Applicants with relevant education at the undergraduate or graduate degree (i.e., with a background in Accounting, Ag. Business, Agr. Economics or Int'l Food Business programs) and successful completion of a course in Introduction to Business at the degree level are encouraged to apply. Preference will be given to graduate students in the Department.
Applications must include a cover letter clarifying qualifications and relevant experience, and a curriculum vitae. Please include an official or unofficial copy of your transcript.
If you are interested in the above position, please apply in writing by the application deadline to:
Steven Dukeshire, Dept Chair
Department of Business & Social Sciences
Dalhousie University, Faculty of Agriculture
P. O. Box 550, Truro, NS B2N 5E3
All offers of employment are conditional upon sufficient student enrolment in the course and approval by the University.
Dalhousie University is committed to fostering a collegial culture grounded in diversity and inclusiveness. The university encourages applications from Indigenous persons, persons with a disability, racially visible persons, women, persons of a minority sexual orientation and/or gender identity, and all candidates who would contribute to the diversity of our community. For more information, please visit www.dal.ca/hiringfordiversity.
- Steam Shutdown May 7
- Bad News Support Group
- Explore a New Business Analysis Certificate
- Job postings
- Generation Innovation | Dal Innovates 2022 Annual Report now live
- 2023 Summer Job Applications Open
- An introduction to programming with Python for ecologists
- Study Skills Workshops (Halifax Campuses)