Today@Dal» Go to news main
Planning for a life you will love in retirement: A four‑part webinar series
Are you worried about what life will look like in retirement? This 4-session webinar-based program, brought to you by Dal employee Dr. Susan Hutchinson and ADRP member Dr. Susan Holmes, is especially designed for Dalhousie faculty, staff and retirees. Whether you are planning on retiring soon or just starting to think about this transition, the program will provide you with tools, resources, and information to help you think about and plan for your lifestyle in retirement.
Through a series of interactive ‘lunch and learn’ style webinars, you will have the opportunity to learn more about some of the facts about the transition to retirement, as well as strategies to plan for, and hopefully enjoy the journey towards retirement. With a focus on lifestyle planning, this program will help you envision your own retirement transition while connecting with other recent and soon-to-be retirees in the Dalhousie community. The goals of the program are to assist participants to:
- Understand psychosocial aspects of well-being that are impacted by the transition to retirement.
- Assess personal strengths and needs to address in retirement.
- Identify resources that will enhance your life in retirement.
- Develop plans to prepare for and manage the transition to retirement.
- Why plan for life (and not just finances) in retirement?
- What’s lost and gained in the transition to retirement?
- Taking stock of resources and strengths to draw on and priorities for life in retirement.
- Planning tools and tips
- Strategies to overcome barriers to living a life you’ll love in retirement.
Sharing your own experiences and strategies will be encouraged and ‘self-work’ (self-assessment) exercises will be provided to complete after each session.
Schedule (Fall 2022): 4 webinars taking place on Tuesdays from 12pm-1pm, October 11, 18, 25, & November 1.
Register online at https://events-tm.dal.ca/workshop.php?id=4113 to be sent an invitation to the online webinar series.
Support for this program is provided through a Dalhousie Workplace Wellness Grant.
- John Lewis: Good Trouble film screening
- Reminder: Human Resources office closure today
- Office printer lease expense for 2024‑24 budget
- Job postings
- Human Resources office closure Monday, February 26
- Rhodes Scholarship information session
- Job postings
- Dalhousie social media guidelines