Today@Dal» Go to news main
Past/Future: African Canadian history, arts and culture in STEM education symposium
A Black People’s History of Canada Presents:
PAST/FUTURE: AFRICAN CANADIAN HISTORY, ARTS AND CULTURE IN STEM EDUCATION
Conference Patron: Honourable Michëlle Jean
You are invited to: A symposium of action and possibilities that will take place at Dalhousie University, Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada from 26 to 28 July 2022.
It explores Black Canadian history, and further investigates how it can be integrated into stem education. teachers, academics, students, and cultural workers will offer panels, workshops, and cultural presentations. This is the inaugural conference of a Black People’s History of Canada Project.
- The Evening of the 26th is a social reception with hors d'oeuvres and beverages (non-alcoholic) that will begin at 6:00 pm (AST).
- The 27th is a full day from 8:30 am-4:30 pm (AST), which includes breakfast, lunch and 2 nutrition breaks for the day.
- The 28th is also a full day from 8:30 am-4:00 pm (AST), which includes breakfast, lunch and 2 nutrition breaks for the day and, from 5:30 pm-8:30 pm (AST) we will have the IMHOTEP Contest for students along with dinner and entertainment.
PURCHASE YOUR TICKETS HERE: Tickets
We have Hotels offering a special accommodation rate:
- The Westin Nova Scotian Address: 1181 Hollis St, Halifax, NS B3H 2P6 Phone: (902) 421-1000
Book your accommodations for Black People's History of Canada
Westin NS Reservations
- Cambridge Suites Hotel Halifax Address: 1583 Brunswick St, Halifax, NS B3J 3P5 Phone: (902) 420-0555 - The Past/Future: African Canadian history, arts and culture in STEM education symposium
Book as soon as possible as there are limited rooms available.
Contact us: firstname.lastname@example.org