Today@Dal» Go to news main
Road cycling study recruitment notice
We are recruiting participants for a study exploring the impacts of shared effort information among group road cyclists. This study will explore the impact of two novel group effort information sharing techniques on the performance of the riders.
We are looking for two groups of participants:
• participants that frequently ride together that can join the study as a group.
• participants that are willing to ride with two other riders that they never rode with before.
We will pair individuals that never rode before to create a riding group of 3. We are looking to recruit cyclists in groups of 3 or individuals who want/can ride with 2 other riders which will be paired by us. If more than three members of the same group/club want to participate, we can recruit multiple groups of three from the same club.
To be eligible to participate in this study, participants must speak English fluently, be at least 16 years old, have experience with group road rides (3+ people) on Zwift, and ride at least an average of 120km weekly without considering commuting kilometres. You also need to run Zwift on your computer running Windows (using a built-in monitor, external monitor, or TV).
The study will consist of five virtual encounters (1 protocol training, 3 Zwift rides, 1 group discussion meeting). Participants will be asked to ride a virtual track with their road bicycles attached to a smart trainer. Each encounter lasts approximately 60 minutes. Participants who complete all five encounters will enter to a draw of 3 Zwift Jerseys (winners choice between Domestique, Breakaway or Pursuit), 3 Z Cycling Caps or Pursuit Socks, and 3 Watter Bottles.
If you are interested in participating, please contact Juliano Franz (email@example.com) informing if you want to participate with two members that you regularly ride with or with you want to be paired with two riders that you don't know.
- Become a mentor to BIPOC graduate students
- Teaching Assistant postings: History of Science and Technology Program
- Teaching Assistant posting: INFO 6800
- Part‑Time Academic Posting ‑ Applied Linear Algebra ‑ Truro Campus
- Yard Sale 2021: The Clock is Ticking on the Biggest Sale Event of the Year
- Job posting
- The Dal Bookstore's Yard Sale is Going Strong. Check it out!
- Teaching Assistant postings: College of Pharmacy