Today@Dal» Go to news main
Teaching Assistant Posting ‑ History of Science and Technology Program
The University of King's College's History of Science and Technology Program invites applications for a Teaching Assistant position for its Fall and Winter courses HSTC 1201/1202, Introduction to the History of Science.
Location: The fall semester will be conducted entirely online and the successful candidates will need to have access to an electronic device (computer, tablet, etc.) enabling to participate to all class activities, including online office hours and meeting (video) and marking. Candidates should be available to work both online and on campus in the Winter term in case the University resumes in-person classes by then.
- Attending lectures (online in the fall)
- Attending weekly teaching staff meeting
- Preparing and conducting tutorials in the winter term
- Holding office hours (online in the fall))
- Ensuring an online presence to assist students with assignments.
- Proctoring (must be available during the final winter exam period)
- Grading assignments and exams
The TAs for these courses must consult on a regular basis with the instructors regarding pedagogy, grading, and other work-related expectations.
Qualifications and Experience:
Candidates may come from various fields (this is a widely interdisciplinary program) but should have at least an undergraduate degree. Candidates with a strong interest in the history of technology and/or experience with writing-intensive courses are especially encouraged to apply. The University of King's College is an Employment Equity/Affirmative Action Employer. We strongly encourage the application of those who would contribute to the diversification of our staff and faculty including, but not limited to, women, Indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, visible minorities, and persons of any sexual orientation or gender identity.
Pay Rate: $24.41/hour - The position is for 130 hours for each of the two semesters.
Your application should contain:
- A CV (including evidence of teaching ability)
application letter containing:
- a short statement of interest and relevant experience
- the contact information of two referees.
Please email your application no later than Monday, August 3, 2020 to Dr. Mélanie Frappier (email@example.com) (Due to the current work conditions, applications can only be accepted electronically. Please contact Dr. Frappier if this is an issue).
Questions regarding the position should also be directed to Dr. Frappier. For more information about the HOST programme and its courses, https://ukings.ca/area-of-study/history-of-science-and-technology/
- Alumni Crescent disruption on Wednesday, June 23
- Medjuck and DaCosta row Roadway Paving Repairs
- Part‑Time Academic (CMSD 6310: Audition I)
- Pets of Dalhousie: Meet Neely
- Discover Coding ‑ R Edition
- Job Postings
- Shout‑Out summary
- Various TA and marker positions available (College of Sustainability)