Today@Dal» Go to news main
Changes to the 2018 Nova Scotia Personal Tax Credits Return (TD1NS)
Beginning with the 2018 taxation year, the Nova Scotia basic personal exemption amount will increase for some individuals, depending on income. Individuals who have taxable income of $25,000 or less will qualify for a $3,000 increase on the basic personal exemption, from $8,481 to $11,481. For individuals who have taxable income between $25,000 and $75,000 the $3,000 increase will be reduced by 6% of taxable income that is more than $25,000. Individuals who have taxable income of $75,000 or more will not receive any increase.
Payroll has entered the basic amount of $8,481 for every employee for the Nova Scotia Tax Exemption. If you wish to change your exemption please fill out the two forms below and return to the Payroll Office, Room 150, Henry Hicks Building, as soon as possible.
- Replacement of CHEB exterior panels
- Emergency Steam Shutdown Saturday night
- Three Minute Thesis Competition ‑ Seeking Judges
- Job Postings
- Media Highlight: Dalhousie researcher receives $150,000 from local business women for research on spatial neglect
- Instructor Postings ‑ Department of Engineering Mathematics and Internetworking
- Planned Power Shutdown Saturday, January 20
- Marker Posting ‑ Bachelor of Management