Today@Dal» Go to news main
Come by the Dunn Building to view today's partial solar eclipse
Monday offers a rare opportunity to view a partial solar eclipse as it moves across North America.
Looking for a safe way to view it on campus? Several telescopes with proper solar filters for safe, direct viewing will be set up outside of the Dunn Building (west side) on Lord Dalhousie Drive (6310 Coburg Road). The sun's image will also be projected onto a screen, and instructors will be at hand to answer any questions you might have.
In Halifax the partial eclipse begins at 2:42 pm ADT and ends at 4:59 pm; maximum obscuration (48%) will be at at 3:53 pm.
More information: http://www.astronomynovascotia.ca/
- Financial Services are Moving ‑ November 20th
- Dalplex Christmas Craft Market is NEXT WEEK
- Rock Breaking on Oxford Street
- Access to CSB
- Parking Changes at Hancock
- Job Postings ‑ School of Occupational Therapy
- Angela Davis Building Belonging Gathering ‑ Nov 20
- Research Assistant Posting ‑ School of Occupational Therapy