Today@Dal» Go to news main
Come by the Dunn Building to view today's partial solar eclipse
Monday offers a rare opportunity to view a partial solar eclipse as it moves across North America.
Looking for a safe way to view it on campus? Several telescopes with proper solar filters for safe, direct viewing will be set up outside of the Dunn Building (west side) on Lord Dalhousie Drive (6310 Coburg Road). The sun's image will also be projected onto a screen, and instructors will be at hand to answer any questions you might have.
In Halifax the partial eclipse begins at 2:42 pm ADT and ends at 4:59 pm; maximum obscuration (48%) will be at at 3:53 pm.
More information: http://www.astronomynovascotia.ca/
- East doors at Mona Campbell building are emergency exit only
- Part‑Time Academic Postings ‑ School of Health Administration, Faculty of Health
- Job Postings
- Teaching Assistant Posting ‑ Environmental Science Program, Faculty of Science
- This week's specials at your club the DalUClub
- Halifax Bike Week: Bike Safety Workshop & Ride
- Part‑Time Academic Postings ‑ Biology/Science
- Graduate Student Assistantships ‑ Department of Animal Science and Aquaculture