Today@Dal» Go to news main
Come by the Dunn Building to view today's partial solar eclipse
Monday offers a rare opportunity to view a partial solar eclipse as it moves across North America.
Looking for a safe way to view it on campus? Several telescopes with proper solar filters for safe, direct viewing will be set up outside of the Dunn Building (west side) on Lord Dalhousie Drive (6310 Coburg Road). The sun's image will also be projected onto a screen, and instructors will be at hand to answer any questions you might have.
In Halifax the partial eclipse begins at 2:42 pm ADT and ends at 4:59 pm; maximum obscuration (48%) will be at at 3:53 pm.
More information: http://www.astronomynovascotia.ca/
- Part‑Time Academic Posting ‑ Department of Engineering, Faculty of Agriculture
- Teaching Assistant Postings ‑ School of Health and Human Performance
- Instructor Posting ‑ Department of Chemistry
- Job Posting ‑ Department of Oceanography, Faculty of Science
- Get to Know your DalCard #2: How to Load Money and Check your Balance
- Reaching Sound Conclusions
- Job Postings
- 2017 Accounts Payable Christmas Cut Off Dates