Today@Dal» Go to news main
Come by the Dunn Building to view today's partial solar eclipse
Monday offers a rare opportunity to view a partial solar eclipse as it moves across North America.
Looking for a safe way to view it on campus? Several telescopes with proper solar filters for safe, direct viewing will be set up outside of the Dunn Building (west side) on Lord Dalhousie Drive (6310 Coburg Road). The sun's image will also be projected onto a screen, and instructors will be at hand to answer any questions you might have.
In Halifax the partial eclipse begins at 2:42 pm ADT and ends at 4:59 pm; maximum obscuration (48%) will be at at 3:53 pm.
More information: http://www.astronomynovascotia.ca/
- Get creative and enter the 2019 Science As Art Photo Competition
- Call for alumni volunteer opportunities
- Winter 2018 Computer Application Courses
- Senate Agenda ‑ February 26, 2018
- It's not too late to Move More with Dalplex!
- Job Postings
- Graduate Internship/Research Assistant Posting ‑ School for Resource and Environmental Studies
- 20th Annual African Nova Scotian Music Association Awards Show