Today@Dal» Go to news main
Come by the Dunn Building to view today's partial solar eclipse
Monday offers a rare opportunity to view a partial solar eclipse as it moves across North America.
Looking for a safe way to view it on campus? Several telescopes with proper solar filters for safe, direct viewing will be set up outside of the Dunn Building (west side) on Lord Dalhousie Drive (6310 Coburg Road). The sun's image will also be projected onto a screen, and instructors will be at hand to answer any questions you might have.
In Halifax the partial eclipse begins at 2:42 pm ADT and ends at 4:59 pm; maximum obscuration (48%) will be at at 3:53 pm.
More information: http://www.astronomynovascotia.ca/
- Part‑Time Academic Posting ‑ School of Occupational Therapy
- Planned power outage at CHEB Saturday night, September 23
- Farewell party for Dieter Pelzer
- Did you receive your copy of the Blue Folder?
- SharePoint Interface Switch lunch‑and‑learn session
- Media Highlight: Innovation accelerator program housed by Dalhousie University attracts high‑profile mentors
- Pink Day at Dalhousie ‑ September 28
- Assistant/Associate Professor Posting ‑ Dept Plant, Food and Environmental Sciences, Faculty of Agriculture