Today@Dal» Go to news main
Part‑Time Academic Posting ‑ Department of Sociology and Social Anthropology
Posting Date: May 19, 2017
Application Deadline: May 29, 2017
Position: Part-Time Academic
Department/Location: Department of Sociology and Social Anthropology
Pay Rate: In accordance with CUPE Collective Agreement
The Part-Time Academic will be responsible for teaching of SOSA 2005.03, Introduction to African Canadian Studies, Tuesdays & Thursdays 1135-1255 (Fall Term 2017/2018). The Part-Time Academic will be responsible for all aspects of teaching and administering the class, including lectures, test preparation, evaluation and electronic submission of grades. The instructor is required to be available two hours per week for consultation with students. The instructor reports to the Chair of the Department.
Requirements of Position:
We seek a dynamic teacher with a PhD or similar qualification in the arts and social sciences to teach this second year course. This interdisciplinary course is required for the Black and African Diaspora Studies Minor. The successful candidate should have knowledge of the area and relevant teaching experience.
Please apply in writing, including an up-to-date CV and evidence of teaching effectiveness, by the above deadline to:
Dr. Lindsay DuBois, Chairperson
Department of Sociology and Social Anthropology
All offers of employment as a part-time academic are conditional upon sufficient student enrolment in the course and approval by the University.
Dalhousie University is committed to fostering a collegial culture grounded in diversity and inclusiveness. The University encourages applications from Aboriginal people, persons with a disability, racially visible persons, women, persons of minority sexual orientations and gender identities, and all candidates who would contribute to the diversity of our community.
- Part Time Academic Posting ‑ Business and Social Sciences, Faculty of Agriculture
- Limited Term Academic Posting ‑Department of Animal Science and Aquaculture/Faculty of Agriculture
- Teaching Assistant Posting ‑ Business and Social Sciences/Faculty of Agriculture
- Symposium: Right to Know ‑ Balancing Access & Privacy
- Faculty Writing Community of Practice
- Part‑Time Academic Posting ‑ School of Occupational Therapy
- Farewell party for Dieter Pelzer
- Did you receive your copy of the Blue Folder?