Today@Dal» Go to news main
Thank you, Dalhousie!
Just as the 2016 Dalhousie United Way campaign comes to a close, we are ecstatic to report that we have reached (and exceed) our fundraising goal this year.
“We set a fundraising goal of $160,000 this year, a modest increase over last year’s target that would carry a big impact,” says Erin Stewart-Reid, co-chair of this year’s United Way fundraising committee. “The Dalhousie community proved that when we come together, we can achieve great things, like raising $163,691.65 in a few short months for the United Way.”
A vital community supporter, the United Way works with numerous charities in Halifax, Truro, and Saint John. “I think many people see a cause that’s important to them receiving support from the United Way, so it’s a charity that appeals to a diverse group of people, just like our own Dalhousie community,” says Peter Dykhuis, co-chair of this year’s United Way fundraising committee. “We are so proud of Dalhousie for exceeding this year’s fundraising goal.”
Thank you, Dalhousie, for making our communities better places through your support of the United Way. Thanks also to all the Dalhousie volunteers who worked so hard on this year’s campaign.
- SuperNOVA camp registration
- Planned power outage for Sexton Campus
- Part‑Time Academic Positions ‑ Biology
- Part‑Time Academic Postings ‑ Department of History
- Media Highlight: Students from Dalhousie's Agricultural Campus win national engineering competition
- Part‑Time Academic Postings ‑ Department of Political Science
- Media Highlight: Dalhousie student explains how she plans to keep all her trash this year in a 500 ml jar
- Part‑Time Academic Posting ‑ Faculty of Science