Today@Dal» Go to news main
Changes to Dal file storage for students
All Dalhousie students now have access to a OneDrive account as part of Office 365 services, offering more than 1TB of storage space and enhanced collaboration features. Learn more about OneDrive.
With OneDrive now available, we will be phasing out Dalhousie Novell NetStorage for students (often referred to as the "G" drive). Novell NetStorage for faculty/staff will remain in place at this time.
This will be done in a staged approach:
- In May 2015, students’ NetStorage account will become read-only. This means that students will no longer be able to update existing files on their G drive, or add new ones. However, their existing files will still be accessible so they can copy them to another storage location for future access.
- In January 2016, students’ NetStorage account will be turned off and their files will no longer be available.
This change will affect all files stored on students’ G drives, including web pages in the 'public_www' folder.
More information can be found on myDal. If you have questions about these changes, please contact the Help Desk.
- Updated Dal community resources: Dalhousie Prospectus and Message Book
- Records management sessions for December
- Printing Services closure
- Get your tickets now for the 50/50 Raffle in support of the United Way
- Call for nominations: Dal's University‑Wide Teaching Awards
- Job posting
- Final study skills workshops for fall semester (Halifax campuses)
- Job postings