Today@Dal» Go to news main
Are you a tablet PC user? Participate a fun study and get $20!
We are recruiting participants to take part in a research study examining the effectiveness of a privacy-aware tablet interface design. You can sign up as individual participant or with a partner (we encourage friends and colleagues to sign up in pairs). Compensation is $20 for each participant.
To participate you need to:
- Use a tablet PC (e.g. iPad, Android tablet, Windows Surface, etc.) on a regular basis (at least once a month).
- Have normal (or corrected-to-normal) eyesight
- Agree to be videotaped while performing the study.
Prior to meeting for the study, you will go online to give consent to do the study, and fill in a short background questionnaire. During the study, you will be given several tasks (e.g., play a game, retrieve information from a website) with prototype designs displayed on a tablet PC, and asked about your feedback. The tasks will either be performed individually or collaboratively with a partner. At the end you will participate in a short interview.
If you are interested in participating, please contact Huiyuan Zhou (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Updated Dal community resources: Dalhousie Prospectus and Message Book
- Records management sessions for December
- Printing Services closure
- Get your tickets now for the 50/50 Raffle in support of the United Way
- Call for nominations: Dal's University‑Wide Teaching Awards
- Job posting
- Final study skills workshops for fall semester (Halifax campuses)
- Job postings