Mathematics & Statistics» Go to news main
Mathematicians or statisticians on April 26
Mathematicians or statisticians born on April 26:
Robert Tucker, 1832 - 1905 (biography)
Edward Huntington, 1874 - 1952 (biography)
Ludwig Wittgenstein, 1889 - 1951 (biography) A philosopher who worked on the foundations of mathematics and on mathematical logic.
Asger Aaboe, 1922 - 2007 (biography)
** Those who died on this day:
Osip Somov, 1815 - 1876 (biography)
Lazarus Fuchs, 1833 - 1902 (biography) A Prussian mathematician who worked on differential equations and the theory of functions.
Srinivasa Ramanujan, 1887 - 1920 (biography) Made substantial contributions to the analytical theory of numbers and worked on elliptic functions, continued fractions, and infinite series.
Louis Bachelier, 1870 - 1946 (biography)
Arnold Sommerfeld, 1868 - 1951 (biography) A theoretical physicist who worked in electromagnetic theory, relativity and quantum theory.
Carl Boyer, 1906 - 1976 (biography)
Stanislaw Golab, 1902 - 1980 (biography)
Hans Wussing, 1927 - 2011 (biography)
Jacqueline Ferrand, 1918 - 2014 (biography)
- Best Paper Award Goes to Lam Ho
- 2017‑18 Award Winners
- Professor Jason Brown's work was recently mentioned in The National Post
- Dr. Christopher Field Named IMS Fellow
- Two Conferences Hosted at Dalhousie
- The first Canadian Team brings home awards from EGMO 2018
- Post Doctoral Fellowship available
- 2nd Annual Atlantic Canada Actuarial Student Conference