***If you are interested in teaching Tutorials, Marking, Proctoring, or working in the Learning Centre, please fill in the following form.***
The Department of Mathematics and Statistics provides excellent undergraduate programs, as well as advanced instruction at the graduate and research levels. Find out more about our degree programs.
News from our Department
- Representation matters: Dal students working on book about Nova Scotia’s 50 female MLAs
- The Big Picture: The looming threat of rising sea levels — and what we can do about it
- A year after the first CRISPR babies, stricter regulations are now in place
- Expanding artistic expressions define this year’s annual Dal exhibition
- Students leading the way to reduce alcohol harm across Atlantic Canadian campuses
The essence of mathematics is not to make simple things complicated, but to make complicated things simple.
Statistics is the grammar of science.