***If you are interested in teaching Tutorials, Marking, Proctoring, or working in the Learning Centre, please fill in the following form.***
The Department of Mathematics and Statistics provides excellent undergraduate programs, as well as advanced instruction at the graduate and research levels. Find out more about our degree programs.
- "Free Willy" law spotlights contradictions in how Canadians see animal rights
- Get out and "PLEY": Dal researchers offer kids and families new ways of staying active this summer
- Cuban compassion: Training doctors for a Pacific island nation running out of time
- Artificial intelligence makes fishing more sustainable by tracking illegal activity
- Framing the issue: PhD student tackles queer men's body image in comic book
We could use up to two eternities in learning all that is to be learned about our own world and the thousands of nations that have arisen and flourished and vanished from it. Mathematics alone would occupy me eight million years.
Those who ignore Statistics are condemned to reinvent it.
- Bradley Efron