The Department of Mathematics and Statistics provides excellent undergraduate programs, as well as advanced instruction at the graduate and research levels. Find out more about our degree programs.
- Cultural connections fuel ESL economics research event
- Buffy Sainte‑Marie inspires at Belong Forum after receiving honorary degree
- Hello Canada! Dal goes "Coast to Coast" for its 200th anniversary
- Introducing Dal's honorary degree recipients for Spring Convocation 2018
- U.S. civil rights icon Angela Davis among big names added to Dal 200
Quote of the Week
Évariste Galois (1811 - 1832)
"Unfortunately what is little recognized is that the most worthwhile scientific books are those in which the author clearly indicates what he does not know; for an author most hurts his readers by concealing difficulties."
Quoted in N. Rose, "Mathematical Maxims and Minims" (Raleigh NC, 1988)