The Department of Mathematics and Statistics provides excellent undergraduate programs, as well as advanced instruction at the graduate and research levels. Find out more about our degree programs.
- State‑of‑the‑art tools and equipment to support discovery and innovation
- Under the skin: Dal researchers work to determine cause of death for North Atlantic Right Whales
- A race against time: Saving the North Atlantic right whale
- A game changer for Dal's School of Public Administration
- Former NS premier Darrell Dexter named honorary fellow at the MacEachen Institute
Quote of the Week
Évariste Galois (1811 - 1832)
"Unfortunately what is little recognized is that the most worthwhile scientific books are those in which the author clearly indicates what he does not know; for an author most hurts his readers by concealing difficulties."
Quoted in N. Rose, "Mathematical Maxims and Minims" (Raleigh NC, 1988)