Postdoctoral Positions available» Go to news main
Postdoctoral Positions available
The Department of Mathematics and Statistics at Dalhousie University invites applications for the following postdoctoral fellowship programs.
1. Izaak Walton Killam Postdoctoral Fellowships
Description: Izaak Walton Killam Postdoctoral Fellowships are awarded annually at Dalhousie University to recently graduated scholars of superior academic research ability in any discipline. Awards are tenable for two years and include travel costs, a research grant, and a conference travel allowance.
Eligibility: The date of the applicants Ph.D. must be January 2013 or later. For further criteria and information, please see the Killam PDF website.
Application deadline: December 15, 2014.
Candidates in Mathematics or Statistics: Please send your application to:
Killam Postdoctoral Fellowship Committee
c/o Dr. Bruce Smith, Chair
Department of Mathematics and Statistics
6136 Coburg Road, Chase Bldg. Room 219
Halifax, Nova Scotia B3H 4R2
2. AARMS (Atlantic Association for Research in the Mathematical Sciences) Postdoctoral Fellowships
Description: AARMS postdoctoral fellowships are awarded, on the recommendation of its Scientific Review Panel (SRP), to beginning researchers who received their PhD no more than four years before applying. Applications will be considered from those who anticipate receiving their PhD before the proposed start time of the fellowship, however the PhD must be in hand before actually beginning the fellowship. AARMS will provide $17,500 per year for the fellowship and the supervisor is responsible for organizing matching funds of at least this amount.
Application deadline: December 12, 2014
Application procedure: Applications can be made by the candidate through the online system which will open for applications November 10, 2014. Please contact your proposed supervisor directly so that the supervisor can draft a budget and provide a letter of support. For further information or to apply please visit the AARMS PDF website.
- Best Paper Award Goes to Lam Ho
- 2017‑18 Award Winners
- Professor Jason Brown's work was recently mentioned in The National Post
- Dr. Christopher Field Named IMS Fellow
- Two Conferences Hosted at Dalhousie
- The first Canadian Team brings home awards from EGMO 2018
- 2nd Annual Atlantic Canada Actuarial Student Conference
- Prof writes Newsweek article about Dark Energy