» Go to news main
2018 Summer Research Scholarship Poster Presentations
Learn more about the SSRS...
Congratulations to the Imhotep's Legacy Academy 2017-18 Summer Student Research Scholars for creating well-organized and informative research posters, and for enthusiastically sharing your knowledge:
SSRS (Engineering) - Tarmy ABBOT
Tarmy's research involved the analysis of carbon-based allotropes and polymers to determine the most optimal method of utilizing their properties in support of Light Interactive Electronic Textiles.
SSRS (Health) - Olufolakemi "Fola" AKPAN
Through her research, Fola validated the effectiveness of a newly-developed apparatus to administer resistance to neck motion in all 360° of motion.
SSRS (Medicine) - Jennifer KPOLU
Jennifer’s research focused on improving the confidence level of data obtained from Fluorescein Angiography with the goal of minimizing images required to increase patients scanned per day and to decrease wait times.
SSRS (Science) - Rafeeda KHASHMELMOUS
Rafeeda’s research evaluated the effect of PART1 (a long non-coding RNA gene) on cellular growth in breast cancer cells and whether certain transcript variants play a more significant biological role.
Thank you to everyone who attended the Sept. 7th, 2018 SSRS Poster Presentation event held in the Kenneth C. Rowe Management Building. We hope to see you again next year!
- Celebrating Black Excellence in STEM ‑ 2019 Annual Closing Ceremony
- 2018 Science Literacy Week Event
- 2018 Summer Research Scholarship Poster Presentations
- 2018 Annual Closing Ceremony ‑ Award Winners
- 2017 ILA Fall Professional Development Session
- ILA's 2016/17 Annual Report
- 2017 Summer Student Research Scholarship (SSRS) Poster Presentation
- 2017 ILA‑TD Opportunity Scholarship Reception