Basin & Reservoir Lab
E-mail us: email@example.com
Tel: 902 494 8019
Life Sciences Centre
Rm 3060, 3rd Floor, Earth and Environmental Sciences Wing
Halifax, Nova Scotia, B3H 4R2
Dept Earth and Environmental Sciences
P.O. Box 15000
Halifax, Nova Scotia
CANADA B3H 4R2
Graduate and Post-Doctoral Studies in Petroleum Geosciences
The decision to accept students into graduate programs at Dalhousie University is made by the graduate committee within the academic departments, and by the Faculty of Graduate Studies (FGS). Read about admission requirements.
For more information on applying to graduate studies in Earth Sciences, please visit the FGS website, which details application procedures and funding opportunities, as well as the Earth Sciences graduate studies factsheet.
Contact Professor Wach (Grant.Wach@dal.ca) directly with your CV and research interests to inquire about current research and funding opportunities at the Basin & Reservoir Lab. Please keep the size of email attachments small. All qualified students are encouraged to apply.
Undergraduate Research Projects
- Evolution of the Geomorphology of the Eastern Shore
- Reservoir Architecture of Meanderbelt systems and vegetation density in the Carboniferous using LiDar imagery and Ground Penetrating Radar (GPR)
- Reservoir modeling of fluvial braid channel deposits (LiDar and GPR data analysis)
- Horizon mapping (Sable 3D MegaMerge)
- Integrated core, well log and seismic studies
- Sequence Stratigraphy and Reservoir Analysis of the Cretaceous of the Penobscot Area, Offshore Nova Scotia
If you are interested in completing an honours thesis in petroleum geoscience, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please indicate the research theme that you are interested in.