Peter D. Wentzell
Department of Chemistry Dalhousie University 6274 Coburg Road P.O. Box 15000 Halifax NS B3H 4R2Research Topics:
- Analytical chemistry
- Multivariate data analysis
- Machine Learning
- Signal processing
- BSc, Dalhousie University
- PhD, Michigan State University
- PDF, University of British Columbia
The extraction of information from the massive amounts of data produced by today’s chemical and biological experiments is an ongoing challenge. The multidisciplinary research in my group develops and applies statistical, mathematical and computer-based tools to address this problem.
Selected awards and honours
- EAS Award for Outstanding Achievements in Chemometrics, 2015
- Journal of Chemometrics Kowalski Prize, 2014
- Faculty of Science Killam Professor, 2009-2014
- Dalhousie University Outstanding Faculty Advisor Award, 2011
- Faculty of Science Award for Excellence in Teaching, 2010
- “Improved Modeling of Multivariate Measurement Errors based on the Wishart Distribution”, P.D. Wentzell*, C.S. Cleary, M. Kompany-Zareh (Anal. Chim. Acta, 2017, 959, 1-14).
- “Generalized Error-dependent Prediction Uncertainty in Multivariate Calibration”, F. Allegrini, P.D. Wentzell* and A. Olivieri* (Anal. Chim. Acta 2016 903, 51-60).
- “Regularized Projection Pursuit for Data with a Small Sample-to-Variable Ratio”, S. Hou and P.D. Wentzell* (Metabolomics, 2014, 10, 589-606).
- “Measurement Errors in Multivariate Chemical Data”, P.D. Wentzell* (J. Braz. Chem. Soc., 2014, 25, 183-196).
- “Exploratory Data Analysis with Noisy Measurements.” P. D. Wentzell* and S. Hou (J. Chemometr., 2012, 26, 264-281).
- “Fast and Simple Methods for the Optimization of Kurtosis as a Projection Pursuit Index.” S. Hou and Peter D. Wentzell* (Anal. Chim. Acta, 2011, 704, 1-15).