Checklist for Students
Policies and Procedures
- Be aware of Faculty of Management’s Academic Integrity policy and procedures and implement them consistently
- Familiarize yourself with the Professor-Student Contract for Academic Integrity and uphold it
If you receive notification of a suspected lapse of academic integrity, this is what you should do:
- Respond to any communication from the Faculty Academic Integrity Coordinator immediately
- Attend all scheduled meetings
- Decide if you would like an advocate through this process (e.g. a friend, family member, or DSAS* representative)
In the event of a specific lapse of academic integrity, this is what you must not do:
- Become stressed; the Faculty of Management takes a learning-based approach to academic integrity and has no desire to treat students unfairly or harshly for honest mistakes.
If you suspect cheating by colleagues or lapses in standards by a professor, you may submit your concerns to the Assistant Academic Integrity Officer using the confidential email ManagementIntegrity@dal.ca.
*Dalhousie Student Advocacy Service
- View the Checklist for Instructors in the Faculty and Staff section of our site.