Technology and Human Rights
Technology can protect and promote human rights but can also pose complex challenges to those same interests. Our research, which often employs interdisciplinary approaches, analyzes the impact and implications technology has for human rights in a variety of contexts:
- Privacy, Surveillance, and Data Protection
- Cyberbullying and Cyberharassment
- Online Speech and Censorship Issues
- Big Data and the Internet of Things
- Jonathon Penney, Chilling Effects: Online Surveillance and Wikipedia Use (2016) 31 Berkeley Technology Law Journal 117.
- Steve Coughlan, Signing Away Rights: Should Private Contracts Trump the Charter? (2014) 13 CR (7th) 124