Why Study Here?
Dynamic and Constructive Learning Environment
“The Rehabilitation Research program within the School of Physiotherapy provides a great example of the breadth of research occurring at Dalhousie, in its own micro-environment. Students are given the opportunity to work closely with interdisciplinary professionals studying a variety of topics from neurological rehabilitation to the impacts of musculoskeletal disease. Students are challenged to work outside their comfort zone, which in turn provides a dynamic and constructive learning environment.”
-Matt Baker, PhD in Health candidate
The School of Physiotherapy is the only school in Atlantic Canada that offers advanced education and research training in entry-level physiotherapy (MScPT). In addition:
- We are currently the only school in Canada that offers the possibility of combining Research (MSc) and Entry to Practice (MScPT) degrees into a 3-year joint program.
- Our professors are known for their leading research in a diverse range of health topics. Students have the opportunity to learn from accomplished researchers and conduct their own research projects.
- The School of Physiotherapy provides the opportunity to learn from renowned researchers, many of who conduct their work directly from within the School of Physiotherapy.
- We offer unparallelled opportunities for interprofessional education, ensuring all students graduate with experience working as part of a collaborative health team.
- Our students participate in meaningful and engaging clinical practicum placements, including interprofessional student team placements, in rural and urban settings throughout Atlantic Canada, nationally and abroad.
- Our graduates are in high demand. Students often have a job offers upon graduation.