5869 University Avenue
PO Box 15000
Halifax NS B3H 4R2
- Neonates and infants
- Skin-to-skin contact
- Randomized trials
Dr. Campbell-Yeo is a certified neonatal nurse practitioner, a professor cross appointed to Pediatrics, Psychology & Neuroscience, and a clinician scientist at the IWK Heath Centre. She holds grants examining maternal driven interventions to improve outcomes of medically at risk newborns specifically related to pain, stress and neurodevelopment.
- College of Registered Nurses of Nova Scotia
- Canadian Nurse Association
- Canadian Association of Neonatal Nurses
- Canadian Pain Society
- International Association of the Study of Pain
Awards & Honours
- 2020 - Fellowship American Academy of Nursing
- 2017 - Canadian Nurses Association: 150 Nurses for Canada, 1 of 150 Nurses selected to represent Canada to mark the 150th anniversary of Confederation
- 2016 - Canadian Institute of Health Research (CIHR): New Investigator Award, $300,000
- 2015 - Canadian Child Health Clinician Scientist Program: Career Development Award, $280,000
- 2015 - First Prize - CIHR Institute of Human Development, Child and Youth Health (IHDCYH) Video Competition for Power of a Parent’s Touch $5,000
- 2015 - Canadian Pain Society Early Career Investigator Award
- Dol, J.*, Richardson, B.*, Tomblin Murphy, G., Aston, M., McMillan, D., Campbell-Yeo, M. (2020). Impact of mHealth interventions during the perinatal period on maternal psychosocial outcomes: A systematic review. JBI Evidence Synthesis, 18(1), 30-55.
- Campbell-Yeo, M. (2020). Reaffirming that every poke counts! Higher repeated pain exposure in early life linked with greater short and long-lasting alteration of the nociceptive system (Invited Commentary). Pediatr Res, 87(1), 15-16. doi: 10.1038/s41390-019-0565-7.
- Richardson, B.*, Dol, J*. Rutledge, K.*, Monaghan, J*, Orovec, A.*, Howie, K., Boates, T., Smit, M., Campbell-Yeo, M. (2019). Review of smart-device applications targeted to parents of infants in the neonatal intensive care unit: A systematic search in App stores and app evaluation. JMIR mHealth and uHealth. 7(4):e11620. doi: 10.2196/11620.
- Campbell-Yeo, M., Johnston, C.C., Benoit, B.*, Disher, T.*, Caddell, K., Latimer, M., Vincer, M., Walker, C.D., & Inglis, D. (2019). Sustained efficacy of kangaroo care for repeated painful procedures over NICU Neonatal Intensive Care Unit hospitalization: A single-blind randomized controlled trial (TRAKC) NCT01561547. PAIN, 160(11), 2580-2588. doi: 10.1097/j.pain.0000000000001646.
- Orovec, A.*, Disher, T.*, Caddell, K., Campbell-Yeo, M. (2019). Assessment and management of procedural pain during the entire neonatal intensive care unit hospitalization. Pain Manag Nurs, 20(5), 503-511. doi: 10.1016/j.pmn.2018.11.060.