Why study here?
Eight great reasons to study health administration at Dal
1. The School of Health Administration is part of Dalhousie, one of Canada’s top research universities. It's an ideal learning environment — small enough to be personal, but large enough to have it all.
2. We're a close-knit community. Whether you're on campus or studying online, you’ll get to know your fellow students and professors.
3. We offer the only diploma and masters programs in health administration in Atlantic Canada.
4. Our undergraduate diploma and certificate programs allow you to enjoy the flexibility of learning online, but still feel connected to your instructor and classmates through interactive exercises, group discussions, presentations and information sharing.
5. Our MHA program is one of just three health administration programs in Canada to receive the prestigious CA+HME accreditation. Of those three, Dal’s MHA is the only program that accepts students from all disciplines—with or without health administration experience.
6. Our graduate program incorporates interprofessional education, which means you'll get to work closely with students from other health programs, preparing you for today’s collaborative care team models.
7. Our alumni family is over 800 strong, and includes health leaders in Canada and around the world. Our Element Mentorship Program gives you access to advice, and direction from key experts and professionals as you launch your career.
8. Our faculty are multi-disciplinary with both academic and practical experience in the healthcare delivery system. You'll be learning from researchers who are leaders in their field, as well as senior managers in health administration and government who bring real-world experience to the classroom.