Associated University Program

Begin your engineering education at an associated university

The Associated University Program allows you to complete the first two years of your Engineering degree (BEng) at an associated university. By successfully completing the Associated University Program, students are granted automatic acceptance into the third year of the accredited Engineering degree programs at Dalhousie.

Admission and registration for the associated university portion of the program is the responsibility of each associated university. Students interested in studying engineering should contact the Associated University of their choice.

Associated universities include:

A formal Memorandum of Understanding exists between Dalhousie and each of the Associated Universities. Article 4.0/1 states:

"The Faculty of Engineering at Dalhousie University will treat students from the Associated University programs on an equal basis with students who entered the program at Dalhousie University. Academic merit will be the only deciding factor on admission to disciplines."

Dalhousie's Engineering Diploma program

If you prefer to begin your studies in a smaller campus environment, the Engineering Diploma program at Dalhousie's Faculty of Agriculture in Truro is the academic equivalent of the first two years of an Engineering degree (BEng). After earning your diploma, you can complete the final two years of your BEng in Halifax.

Admission to Dalhousie

On completion of the engineering program at the associated university, you will be granted a certificate or diploma. To enter the Faculty of Engineering at Dalhousie, you must:

  1. Complete and submit a Dalhousie undergraduate application form
  2. Submit an official transcript of your associated university academic record verifying completion of the program entrance requirements to the Registrar by the date shown on the application form.