Creativity meets technology
Our students test, analyze and develop machines and systems, applying creativity and innovation in the areas of solid mechanics, thermofluids, renewable energy and more. Learn more about our undergraduate program.
Faculty and research
Our faculty members make important research contributions to the fields of controls and systems, design, heat transfer and fluids, energy and applied mechanics and dynamics. View faculty by research area.
Engineering in Dal News
- As new space race heats up, one Dal grad student is seeking to disrupt a $5.8‑billion market
- This engineer and his students tapped into beer making this term. The results were delicious.
- Never again: Dalhousie’s Women in Engineering society vigil honours victims of École Polytechnique tragedy
- From STEM students to alumni changemakers
- Women’s History Month 2021: Chemical engineer Amyl Ghanem on being a woman working in her field