Congratulations to the Class of 2021
Materials Engineering and Mechanical Engineering
A message from the faculty and staff to our graduating students of the Department of Mechanical Engineering can be found here.
Dalhousie will be streaming a live virtual convocation celebration on June 9th at 2pm (AST).
Creativity meets technology
Our students test, analyze and develop machines and systems, applying creativity and innovation in the areas of solid mechanics, thermofluids, renewable energy and more. Learn more about our undergraduate program.
- Message from the Dean: While we were away
- ENGINEERING STUDENTS AMONG WINNERS OF AWARD IN NATIONAL COMPETITION FOR DESIGNING DEVICE TO HELP WHEELCHAIR USERS BEAT BAD WEATHER
- 12th Annual Dalhousie Engineering Alumni & Friends Golf Tournament
- Three Engineering PhD Students Among 2020‑2021 Winners of the Vanier Scholarship
- Dean John Newhook Receives Canadian Academy of Engineering Fellowship
Faculty and research
Our faculty members make important research contributions to the fields of controls and systems, design, heat transfer and fluids, energy and applied mechanics and dynamics. View faculty by research area.
Engineering in Dal News
- Dal professor honoured with national award for his work on water quality and its links to human health
- Dalhousie team develops non‑woven textile that can neutralize viruses in personal protective masks
- Students win award in national competition for designing device to help wheelchair users beat bad weather
- Dal start‑up helps make global shipping industry green, one coat of paint at a time
- Grad profile: Reflecting on the past and thinking of the quantum future