Creativity meets technology
Our students test, analyze and develop machines and systems, applying creativity and innovation in the areas of solid mechanics, thermofluids, renewable energy and more. Learn more about our undergraduate program.
Faculty and research
Our faculty members make important research contributions to the fields of controls and systems, design, heat transfer and fluids, energy and applied mechanics and dynamics. View faculty by research area.
Engineering in Dal News
- Engineering inspiration: How new Rhodes Scholar Sierra Sparks brings community to life
- Ask an expert: Space entrepreneur Arad Gharagozli on how SpaceX’s ISS mission will advance space exploration
- Replicating the lab at home
- Dal researchers help develop wastewater test that could act as an early warning sign for COVID‑19 outbreaks
- Expanded Schulich Leaders program brings six award recipients to Dal