Department News and Events» Go to news main
Research by Dal IDS Grad Dr. Andrew Fanning (BA 2007)
Dal IDS Grad Dr. Andrew Fanning (BA 2007) and colleagues in Britain and Germany have just published an article in the journal Nature Sustainability, titled “A good life for all within planetary boundaries’. Fanning and his colleagues quantified the resource use associated with meeting basic human needs for over 150 countries and compared this to what is globally sustainable. Worryingly, they found that there is currently no country that achieves a good life for its citizens at a level of resource use that could be extended to all people on the planet.
Since its release last week, the article has received media attention from around the world, including in the New York Times, LA Times, Daily Mail, Forbes, Independent, New Scientist, NPR, Telegraph of India, and La Vanguardia.
- Dr. Schnurr's latest article on biofortification in Uganda
- Symptom of neo‑liberal malaise
- Making the next wave of Canadian students more globally minded
- Prof. Huish: Donald Trump and "Casino Diplomacy"
- IDS Researcher Patrick Balazo Featured on the Crisis in Myanmar
- In The News: IDS Alumni Lori Stamm is doing great work in Honduras
- Prof. Mannathukkaren's latest piece on India's elections.
- Dr. Emily Kirk writes about LGBT rights in Cuba