Department News and Events» Go to news main
Research by Dal IDS Grad Dr. Andrew Fanning (BA 2007)
Dal IDS Grad Dr. Andrew Fanning (BA 2007) and colleagues in Britain and Germany have just published an article in the journal Nature Sustainability, titled “A good life for all within planetary boundaries’. Fanning and his colleagues quantified the resource use associated with meeting basic human needs for over 150 countries and compared this to what is globally sustainable. Worryingly, they found that there is currently no country that achieves a good life for its citizens at a level of resource use that could be extended to all people on the planet.
Since its release last week, the article has received media attention from around the world, including in the New York Times, LA Times, Daily Mail, Forbes, Independent, New Scientist, NPR, Telegraph of India, and La Vanguardia.
- Prof. Huish: Public Talk at Halifax Central Library
- In The News: Prof. Huish
- Youth Activism Conference
- Dalhousie students fight North Korean propaganda with floating USB drives
- North Korean Sport Diplomacy: The Olympic event where everyone loses
- Dr. Emily Kirk's research featured!
- Research by Dal IDS Grad Dr. Andrew Fanning (BA 2007)
- Ethnography and the Emancipatory Agenda in IR