Major in English (post September 2018)
BA Major in English (120 Credit Hours)
The Major in English provides broad coverage of literary genres and historical periods. It offers good preparation for programs such as education or law, but without the intensive training in research and experience of seminars available in the Honours program.
1. Students must meet the Faculty requirements for Concentrated Honours, which include 36 to 54 credit hours in English above the 1000 level, with at least 18 of those credit hours beyond the 2000 level. Among the English courses, students must take:
1) Critical Methods (recommended) 2) Medieval
3) Renaissance 4) 18th Century
5) Romantics 6) Victorian
7) Modern British 8) American
9) Canadian 10) Postcolonial/World Literature
11) Cultural Studies/Popular Culture 12) Writing/Creative Writing/Language
Please consult the Academic Calendar for more detailed information.