Double Major in English (post September 2018)
BA Double Major in English (120 Credit Hours)
English can be combined with another subject in a Double Major program. The Double Major degree provides wide-ranging preparation for a wide variety of careers, including the teaching of English at elementary and high-school levels. It is organized to develop skills in reading, interpreting, and writing about a variety of literary and cultural texts.
1. Students must meet the Faculty requirements for Concentrated Honours, which include 60 to 84 credit hours in English above the 1000 level, with 30-48 credit hours in each subject with at least 18 credit hours beyond the 2000 level in each subject. Among the English courses, students must take:
1) Critical Methods (recommended) 2) Medieval
3) Renaissance 4) 18th Century
5) Romantics 6) Victorian
7) Modern British 8) American
9) Canadian 10) Postcolonial/World Literature
11) Cultural Studies/Popular Culture 12) Writing/Creative Writing/Language
Please consult the Academic Calendar for more detailed information.