» Go to news main
Recent Accomplishments of Our Creative Writing Students
Posted by Emma Skagen on April 14, 2015 in News
- Jonathan Fahey's story "Pacific Meats & Frozen Foods, Inc," written for Shandi Mitchell's creative writing class, will be published in an upcoming issue of Geist.
- Holly Rice was accepted to The New School's MFA Creative Writing Fiction program. She received The Dean's Merit Scholarship. She also represented Dal's Creative Writing program at AAUEC at CBU this year.
- Kari Teicher's story "spit" has been published in the student-run literary journal Joypuke II, run out of Underbridge Press at Mount Allison University.
- David Fleming was accepted to an MFA program at Concordia University.
- Chris Cheverie, Hunter McLellan, Danica Roache, and Kari Teicher read their work at the Atlantic Book Awards Shortlist Announcement: "I think the room was quite taken aback by their poise, stories, and talent. They were excellent ambassadors for Dalhousie. They were warmly embraced, so much so, that there was immediate talk of the showcase becoming a component of their future events." —Shandi Mitchell