Expression of Interest:
Teaching and Development Opportunities in Extended Learning
Extended Learning (EL) at the Dalhousie Faculty of Agriculture, believes that in agriculture and aquaculture, learning is a lifelong endeavour. Education should be flexible, innovative and accessible.
The EL team takes pride in providing innovative, high-quality academic certificate, professional development, and corporate training programs that reflect the unique teaching expertise and research strengths of the Faculty of Agriculture. Learners in our programs value our outstanding instructors with expertise in their fields from the Faculty of Agriculture and both local and international communities. Our programs and courses are offered in flexible instructional formats, including online, blended, and face-to-face on-campus and off.
The EL Team is approachable, professional and passionate about lifelong learning and the industries we serve. We work collaboratively with agri-business, government and associations to ensure programs reflect the evolving needs of learners, in a dynamic industry.
Would you like to join us?
Extended Learning is seeking expressions of interest from Faculty, Instructors, Staff and Students at the graduate level or above, who have the desire to transfer knowledge, through the delivery of EL programming. Current areas of opportunity include agricultural production, best practices, business management, aquaculture, communication, farm data and records management and more. Not interested in teaching? Maybe you would be more comfortable helping to develop content for new courses. Either way, we would love to hear from you!
Roles and Responsibilities 1 2
- Prepare and deliver lessons and practical training activities
- Prepare/conduct formative and summative assessments
- Provide reports and gather learner feedback
- Work within an agreed-upon schedule
- Ensure that training is delivered in a safe manner and environment
- Support future course development/revision
- Support the EL team in the improvement of course content
- Be accountable for personal tasks and responsibilities as assigned
- Provide recommendations on training facilities and resources
- Ensure the best interests of learners, EL, and the Faculty are met
If you are a Dalhousie Faculty member, Instructor, Staff Member, Graduate Student or Ph.D. student with experience, or interest to gain experience, in industry training targeted to an adult population please contact:
Tracy Kittilsen, Manager of Extended Learning