A history of excellence
Dalhousie University’s Faculty of Agriculture was founded in 1905 as the Nova Scotia Agricultural College (NSAC). For more than 100 years, we have provided agricultural-based programs from technical diplomas to masters-level degrees as the Atlantic institution with the mandate for post-secondary education in agriculture.
On June 1, 2012, the Government of Nova Scotia, Department of Agriculture, and Dalhousie University confirmed the agreement to merge Nova Scotia Agricultural College (NSAC) with Dalhousie University. We continue to honour our legacy of excellence as we move forward in providing the highest standards of education as the Dalhousie University Faculty of Agriculture.
Situated on 265 hectares of fertile intervale along the Salmon River, just outside Truro in Bible Hill, our facilities have expanded rapidly in recent years. Improvements to the farm complex and research facilities now make it one of the most modern, well-equipped universities in the Atlantic region.