International Research and Development
Facilitating research and development overseas
International Research and Development (IR&D) promotes, facilitates and monitors Dalhousie’s international research and international development initiatives.
IR&D and its experienced staff provide assistance to faculty and/or units interested in becoming involved in international research or international development projects. We have experience working with major funding agencies such as:
- Global Affairs Canada (formerly the Department of Foreign Affairs, Trade and Development [DFATD] and CIDA)
- International Development Research Centre (IDRC)
- European Commission
- Grand Challenges Canada
- US Federal agencies (NIH, NSF, Dept of Defense, and others)
We also help with the development and implementation of international projects in the following ways:
- identification of project opportunities and funding sources
- project design and proposal development (both narrative and budgetary sections)
- liaison with funding agency personnel regarding application and implementation processes
- project management issues
Dalhousie has a long history of involvement in international projects, with partners in both developed and developing countries. View our list of selected current projects.
Faculty and staff interested in pursuing external support for international projects are encouraged to contact us at the earliest stages of project development.
Find out more
Contact a member of the International Research and Development team to learn more about how they can support your research.